Introduction to Enterprise Cloud Operating Models
After hearing the Gospel of Cloud, you've decided that you want to migrate to the magical wonderland that is the cloud.
How do you make sure that all the lofty promises come true?
A pattern that we often see emerge when enterprises begin to adopt the cloud is that they put the same processes and practices in place as they would have done in a traditional data centre scenario.
To secure the benefits of the cloud, you need to evolve your organisation and the processes by which you
manage your infrastructure and applications. This white paper explores the key considerations of how to do just that.
- What is a cloud operating model and why do we need it?
- Examples: automation and compliance
- How DevOps fits in
- How to develop a cloud operating model
- The key ingredients of a cloud operating model
- How enterprises can implement it
- How the cloud impacts how you develop applications
- Acquiring the right transformation skills
- Getting support from the top
- Thinking about security and compliance
- The key drivers for DevOps and cloud